Monday, March 20, 2017

Mondays Are About Me!

Hello Loves!
I am so excited to dive into blogging so I can share everything I am passionate about with all of you! Throughout this blog, you’re going get to know a bit more about me, I’ll give you tips and tricks to the planning process, talk about lots of wedding trends, and our faves in the industry!

So be sure to stay tuned and share the love. If there is something you would like us to cover or questions you might have, we want to hear from you.  Get at us!

You can follow us on Insta to see lots of pretties and get some everyday fun from us! P.S. there will be a really chic giveaway this week keep your eyes open for it!!

So a little about me!
My name is Kaleena and I live in Concord NH with my family where I was born and raised. I absolutely love New England and our beautiful seasons. My favorite season is summer.  I love the warmth! You will soon find out throughout this blog that the ocean is my happy place! As a child, I grew up vacationing on Short Sands in York, Maine and as an adult I frequent Long Sands. Although I love going up and spending the day on the beach in the summer, my favorite time to visit is at the start of the off-season.  Going to the coast, on a perfect fall day, for a beautiful walk gives my heart and soul all the feels. I’m sure you will see more of my ocean adventures here soon!

My aunt and I at one of my family's epic parties
The event industry has been screaming my name from a very young age! Growing up, my family was known for the parties we threw, they were always a big to do. Catered food, tents, and harpists for a Saturday afternoon party was sometimes over the top but I loved them all. My family was heavily involved with the church and my dad would organize all the parish events and I would always be right by his side from set up to break down.

However, at that young age I never realized this could be a career choice. So I went on in life thinking I would become a police officer.  I took college courses in high school to start my career down that path. It wasn’t until 3 days before I was supposed to start my college career in Criminal Justice that I realized that field just wasn’t the right fit for me. I looked at what I really enjoyed in life and that was business and events! So I changed my course load to hospitality and it was the best decision I could have ever made. I blossomed in all my classes and used what I was learning at the job I was currently working at.  I truly believe everyone should spend their life doing the things that make them happy! Do what you love, love what you do!

Once I was finished with the certificate program I asked to take over the events at my current job and I was given a promotion. I was able to increase their rental revenue by 83% in the first year in that position. I knew I would eventually want to go out on my own but I wanted to learn more about the rental industry.  So, after 5 years, I took a job with Exeter Events & Tents. I loved learning the back end of rentals and working with both the corporate clients but also the wedding couples.

 One of my sweet 2016 couples!
Photo Credit: Andrew from The Pixel Perfection 
I quickly realized I loved everything about weddings! I assisted with a wedding for a good friend and after that I was hooked. Everything about the whole process captured me. From the vendor meetings, to the fine décor details, the timeline, set up, breakdown and everything in between I LOVED! After being in the industry for almost 10 years and doing it on my own for 5 years, weddings have a very special spot in my heart. Each couple I work with becomes a part of my family and I am always thankful that they have trusted me and allowed me to be such a big part of their special day. I still get teary-eyed during the vows when I can feel the love bursting and that is the best feeling, being able to see two people who are madly in love say “I do”.


I am a GOAL DIGGER and love to set goals and conquer them. It’s really important for me to always be working towards my goals and once they are achieved to set bigger and better ones. Can you guess one of my current goals?! Start blogging on the regular! I love reading blogs and have been after this for some time but I am finally fully committing myself to it and it has made it onto my 2017 goals to conquer.  So lets do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment